Sunday, September 26, 2010

Earliest Memories

I have to admit, I am a little behind on my blog. So I am going to go back a couple class periods and start from there.

As I said before in my previous literature class with Dr. Sexson, my earliest memory is from when I was about 4 years old. My father took me to Toys 'R' Us (I can't remember the reason... maybe to buy a birthday present or maybe just for kicks). I was following him around for a while and then eventually wandered off into the bright pink Barbie aisle, where I was entranced by all of the different dolls. Some amount of time went by before I realized my dad was not in the same aisle as me. I walked over a couple aisles looking for my dad when I arrived in an aisle full of baby strollers and car seats. I thought it was weird that he was looking at car seats, but I tapped him on the back anyway. But when the man turned around, I saw that IT WAS NOT MY DAD! OH, THE HORROR! Needless to say, I turned around and back away as my 4-year-old  eyes began to fill with plump tears that rolled down my chubby cheeks. I ran into the arms of my dad (the real one this time) and swore to myself at 4 years old that I would not stray from my parents' side ever again (actually, I'm not sure if that last part is true, but I would imagine it would be).

My Dad and Me

Another early memory I have from about the same age is from Thanksgiving when my family would go to my Grandma and Grandpa's house is Absarokee , MT. While my mom and my grandma were preparing dinner in the kitchen, I stood in front of the refrigerator with all of my stuffed "Winnie The Pooh" toys surrounding me, using the refrigerator magnets to give them some sort of "lecture". Now, my early memories may not be as profound as Alyosha's in "The Brothers Karamazov" nor that mythological, but I would say they're (somewhat) detailed, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment